Sunday, February 28, 2010

He's got the worst taste in music.

 
My weekend was beautiful, full of amazing moments, and quiet thoughts. Around midnight on Friday night, instead of spending another dull weekend in the city, we piled into a friends car, picked up my boyfriend from work, and drove an hour out of the city to their hometown. Along the way I couldn't help but watch the stars slowly make their way out of the smog, revealing their true nature as we drove down silent back road only stopping so a friend could pee in the bushes, ha. I'm increasingly loving when we get away from the city, with its anxieties and surprising seclusion. I felt released as we relaxed in that long car ride, looking forward to a time of decompression. And so we exiled ourselves from the city, for a day or two, so we could spend time with sweet people in a beautiful and scenic snow scape.
My boyfriend and I ended the night by sneaking into his parents house at three in the morning only to give them quite a surprise when they woke the next morning. The rest of that next day was spent enjoying the outdoors, driving down country roads, and photographing with Evangeline (the film is being developed now!)
We went back to the city that night so we could see Cage The Elephant. A fun show, we caught a ride home with a new friend and spent the rest of the weekend catching up with reality, better known as school and work.

I'm feeling quite refreshed after our romp in the country. Its as if the fresh air invigorated my senses, telling me not to give in on these last few weeks of winter term. I don't know how I'm going to get through these coming weeks but I know I'm not going to stress myself out with worrying about it.

Oh and my roommate's cat had surgery, poor thing! The kitty already has gender identity issues, as we thought he was a boy for three months, hence he/she's name is Carl. Getting spayed has probably only confused it more. He was sitting on my bed, this afternoon, and I just had to take that sad little picture. :(

2 comments:

Angelica said...

oh, poor little kitty :(

my doggie ricardo has a condition that he has to where a hoop all the time, which makes me SO sad, so i completely know what you're going through!
the pictures are beautiful.

angelica
x

Erica said...

I know. Yesterday, he couldn't figure out how to drink from his water bowl. He was so confused, we had to help him figure it out. It was kinda cute but also so sad. :(