Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wonderland.

 Oh snow. I will always hold you in my heart. I have lived in the north for almost four years now, yet every time you fall I feel like part of my childhood dream is coming true. :)
Growing up, I often remember having the air-condition blasting on Thanksgiving Day, or wearing shorts two days before Christmas. How special it was for us when it snowed, how rare. I can count the snow falls in Mississippi on my right hand, they were few and far between, but always special and in my heart. I remember the first time we had enough that I could build a snowman and make a snow angel. I think I was around eleven or twelve. We stayed out all day playing, it was one of the most magical moments of my childhood. 

This weekend was beautiful as well as heartbreaking, but for much more personal reasons. I must remember not to let my fears best me. They are sometimes all too willing to take over when I become emotionally exhausted. The snow was needed. It reminded me to smile. I went out to play in it today after I photographed some for my thesis project, a reward of sorts. This is me and my boy.

  
 love.

No comments: