Saturday, February 6, 2010

disposable.

The storm has raged outside. I'm in love with the snow. This storm has allowed me to reflect and see things in a crystal clear light. I'm trying to be strong, but this feeling of isolation is the only downfall to this blizzard. 

I'm in the mood to create something. For the first time in quite a while I'm actually feeling creative. I find inspiration in the smallest thing. In a book, a new hair clip, or in a dingy couch I saw on the street. It's strange how my creativity only increases when I am feeling emotionally worn out. It has always been my way to deal. It has always been my escape. I have to remind myself to smile. My life is moving and I'm not going to stop it this time. :)

I went out last night, during the storm, and on a moment of impulse I bought a disposable camera. I'm always paying homage to the snapshot, and the fading art of analogue. Spontaneity is no longer appreciated. People expect instantaneous. How are you supposed to capture that unique moment when you can delete it a moment later. I am looking forward to developing it, my friends smiles were so wide that night. :)

No comments: