Sunday, February 14, 2010

I just need to say it/Bright Star.




We fit together so nicely, he and I.
I am often amazed at his love for me. How undivided and pure it is. 

We both come from former mistreating relationships. We both were played with and unloved. So the night we met it was instant. Coming together, we talked endlessly of our silly obsession with Kings of Leon, and my long time love affair with the Decemberists.  About how we both were from small towns, now living in a big city, and how we still loved where we were from even though we couldn't stand to be there for very long. 
It became very evident that there was no just being friends, this was one of those undeniable attractions, like a homing beacon. We were meant to be together, and so we were. I knew that night that I would fall in love with him.
It is wonderful to see him comfortable in his skin- content. It hurts me to think that this boy, with his sweet heart, could ever be hurt the way he was, not by anyone in particular, but by the harshness of life. I can only hope that I can provide the same kind of comfort, protection, and love that he provides for me. And so with one passing glance, between the two of us, both of our sordid histories were wiped clean, deemed unimportant and silly. We are attached at the hip you could say. :)

No matter how cliche love is, I just can't seem to stop writing about it! At least St. Valentine gave me an excuse for today. Happy Valentines Day!

We are both very silly. :)
 
We celebrated the holiday last night, because we're both workaholics and cool kids. We ordered delicious food and watched Bright Star. It was such a beautiful film. It has inspired me to move to England, collect butterflies, wear wistful summer dresses, and be in love.
 

   Please watch this and tell me if you have ever felt this wonderful. I know I have.

3 comments:

the midnight bloom said...

i am looking for that wonderful. hope ill stumble it on someday soon. your lucky to have that feeling. in the meantime i have enuff from my friends and bloggers like you.

xx

www.themidnightbloom.blogspot.com

Erica said...

aw, thank you! You're a darling. :)
I hope you find this someday too!

Jennifer Young said...

oh my! your blog is delicious!
xoxo,
j.