Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Heima



A small moment is all that is needed. Its beginning to feel like Mother Nature created this crazy snowstorm just to tell us to slow down, stop, look around, and enjoy life. The entire eastern United States is being impacted. Whether you are sledding down the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (I did this today), or cuddling up with your true love in a tiny twin size bed (did this too). Life is beautiful. It is full of remarkable moments of generosity and breathtaking simplicity. I am feeling much more content with myself, especially after the previous storm had created a far more tempestuous feeling in my heart.  This storm has calmed me. The entire city has slowed to a halt. As I walked around this afternoon it felt like we had been transported to a much simpler time, when life could be enjoyed and appreciated. I am relaxed, happy, and in love.

I can hear the wind outside and yet it is so quiet. I could stay up all night listening to this stillness. 

I hope everyone is able to expirence this kind of solitude at least once in their life. :)

My love affair with Sigur Ros is always intensified when life is beautiful, and turbulant, like this. Heima is one of the most remarkable pieces of art I have ever seen. It's full of simple moments, beautiful music, and breathtakingly desolate scenery. Iceland is a place I will photograph one day. I have dreams. :)

No comments: