Sunday, February 21, 2010

The girl with sad eyes.

Iridescent rays of sunshine spill into white curtains. A bird is chirping outside my window. Wrapped in my great-grandmothers afghan, I lay on my bed dreaming of spring time. Opening a window in the middle of February is not usually recommended, but I could no longer tolerate the suffocating atmosphere of my small space. It was much needed, a welcome and chilling calm to my overeager anxiety.
I miss sunshine, color, and nature. I was raised near a forest. I don't mean to sound nostalgic but I often think of those swampy woods behind my house. The fresh rain always brought the water levels up, making the marshland team with creatures and life. I don't understand exactly why, but my memory of it sparkles. My imagination runs away from me... I know I am simply homesick.
And so I opened my window, and let the few rays of sunshine warm and defrost my heart. I am tired of being so afraid of opinion. I want to relax my tension and let myself go. What is the worst that could happen? I no longer care. 


I had my first sighting of geese returning from the south. Could they have brought spring with them? Lets hope so.
I've become so sullen I'm beginning to annoy even myself. It is exhausting letting these fears best me. I really am looking forward to spring. 

Timelapse movie: The Alps -- part II (night) from Michael Rissi on Vimeo.

2 comments:

kim said...

you are inspiring! like your photos and yr writing. like the south and that film bright star.

XXX, Kim

Erica said...

Thank you. Your words are so sweet. :)