Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Evangeline


After such a stressful week it was nice to get a package in the mail. My new camera came the other day! When I walked into my room and saw it sitting on my floor, it felt wonderful (I've been having a tough week). My new camera is called Evangeline and is a refurbished 1977 Russian Fed 5. It is amazing! I'm still waiting to get the film developed but that is what I love about film cameras- the anticipation and surprise! I actually don't like my digital very much, and I only use it for goofing off. My more serious work is done with a 4 x 5 large format camera; its a slower process and it has become a kind of relaxant for me. So here are a few images of me and my new buddy. Please excuse the crazy hair, I had to open at the coffee shop this morning, at 5 AM I'm not to worried about my appearance.


Its becoming very difficult for me to be productive. I'm photographing for my thesis more than ever but, unfortunately, that's about all I can do. I'm beginning to lose steam and I don't know if I'll be able to gain it back, again.

No comments: