Friday, January 29, 2010

Vicar in a Tutu.


"Remember, never let anyone put you into a mold.  After all, molds are meant to be broken."

I sometimes wonder what I am doing with my life. Why have I pushed myself to such extremes; what were my goals to begin with? I can no longer remember. I'm starting to feel the simpler things are more precious, more important. Give me a quiet afternoon in his arms, or a lazy morning with my camera or a book, and I am content. I can't put my finger on it, but for as long as I can remember I've always been an over achieving extremist. Forcing myself to be the best that I could possibly be- anything less than perfection was not acceptable. Strangely, I've come to realize I don't need that anymore. My future is completely blank and yet I am content. I have so many fears and yet I still know I can be happy. This is what I love and that is not to be forgotten. Graduate School is in the horizon. Lets hope I don't lose myself in the process. 

Here are a few photographs from one of my favorite photographers, Nobuyoshi Araki.
 
 
 (Nobuyoshi Araki)
 I'm actually very much in love with Japanese photography. I plan on studying the History of Photography, with a focus in the photography of Japan, in Graduate School. It is photographers like Nobuyoshi Araki and Daido Moriyama that inspire me. I hope I can succeed! :)

  
(Daido Moriyama)

2 comments:

Laura said...

what a beautiful realization! I can relate... and I truly believe that we will both succeed!

Erica said...

Aw Laura! I truly miss you. I know we can do it!