Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And you will go to Mykonos.


 



It seems somehow fitting that I finally get my Holga film developed from my summer abroad in Greece. Scanning these images was almost painful. Every image has a blue sky and a bright sun; I'm completely in love with them! The last two images were taken at a priest's home on the island of Crete.
 Thinking back on this trip I can remember it fondly now. At the time, however, there was an entirely different story. I had just gotten over a very trying time in my relationship and was finally feeling stable enough to stand on my own feet. To have to suddenly get on a plane and spend weeks in a foreign country away from your loved one is not usually recommended. But it did prove to lesson my pain. For one it began to touch on my ever-present trust issue and it also taught me patients. At some point I had to believe that he would not break my heart again... This was one of the lowest points in our relationship. But I recovered and I made it through. I trust now. I am healing. 
I'm glad I took these pictures. They remind me of the beauty of that summer.

No comments: