Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Papillon

Views from atop a mountain. So beautiful but unfortunately surrounded by dozens of bees. I wanted to stay longer but the bees had other plans. Tomorrow I head to Vicksburg, a lovey antebellum town located on the Mississippi river. I'm going with a friend to run errands and explore the military parks dedicated to the Civil War. There's even a Union battleship they salvaged from the river! My favorite story tells of a bell that- when removed from the water- had an 150 year old bubble of air rise to the surface.

oh and... 
our new version of Saturday date nights: SKYPE!

Love this acoustic version of Papillon by the Editors.

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I'm jealous that you're going to Vicksburg without me. I miss the woods. The woods and the mountains and me and you on them. (But I can't wait for our Saturday night Skype date ;)

Bárbara said...

What an amazing place! you've got an adorable blog. i'm ur new follower :)
xxx

Floddertje said...

I know what it's like to love someone who's far away. Thank you for sharing that.

Best,

Floddertje