Monday, October 18, 2010

Love Like A Sunset

A silly boy  ;)

Separated by some thousand miles, I never realized how much I would miss that sullen face. Its been weeks and when I see him again I have a feeling his hands, holding my face, will feel amazing- like a sensation experienced anew all over again. Distraction is a wonderful way of surviving, like a need to find expression or self discovery. Or just listen to this Phoenix song on repeat, and tell me if I'm crazy because for some reason it reminds of all night adventures in Tokyo- like the one I had the night before I left. Such an amazing city, it felt so alive. Exploration of lonely streets saturated by the artificial, in pursuit of our own immortality, a vibrant expression of what it meant to be young.  That's what he and the world do for me. How strange to compare a place and a person. But in both causes I feel infinite.

7 comments:

k said...

I love Phoenix =) You have a pretty blog, pretty photos...pretty words. keep your head up.

paddle to shore said...

ahhhhh. This post really is beautiful. I want to hear more, why are you two separated for now?

Erica said...

thank you :)
Its really nothing too dramatic.
We met in Philadelphia, where we went to school, but I had to move home to Mississippi for a few months to save money for graduate school.. Its very hard to be away from him but he should be coming for a visit soon so I'm trying not to let it bother me too much. :)

paddle to shore said...

how long do you have to be apart? how sad:(

michelle ma belle said...

Distance makes you think at least, anything that makes you experience again is great...

Love your pictures.

lovely blog, thanks for following me.

Bárbara said...

oh distance is so hard!
i like phoenix so much,, and your blog, so inspiring! keep it coming

heleen said...

Don't we always connect people to places, specific songs, specific moments? I think it is a very natural, and beautiful!, thing to do. It sounds like this connection you two have is absolutely wondrous, hopefully you get to see him soon!