Friday, October 29, 2010

Enchanting Ghosts

My Grandmother in a hula skirt and little cowboys playing dress up.
A spontaneous trip to New Orleans in celebration of ghoulish holidays with friends. While little cousins dressed as superheros dance within my peripheral. Halloween candy, dead leaves, and maybe a few spirits haunting the chill of the night air all become aspects of why I live for this kind of electricity. But its the beating of my heart for the coming week that tells the true story. When I will celebrate the turning of time in my life and the arrival of a lover deeply missed. 
I can see my breath in the air. Isn't that wonderful?
Happy Halloween Weekend!

11 comments:

Neely O'Hara said...

woah, I just stumbled apon your blog! so wonderful, i have lots of your writings to catch up on now :)

Much love

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

quite wonderful! i love that pic of your grandmere.. pictures of a gone world... i miss no during halloween... i always say there is no halloween without the ghosts who run new orleans <3

paddle to shore said...

oh how I adore New Orleans. I left a small part of my heart in New Orleans last year. The ghost tours and the haunted stories. A perfect way to celebrate Halloween.

+The reunion is so close, truly excited for you both.

Erica said...

Thank you so much dear! I'm am so excited to finally have some time with him.

and yes, New Orleans is such a magical place, it might be one of my favorite places in the world. So I'm very excited.
Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! And your blog!
So I am now following, and hope
you´ll follow back.
Happy halloween! :-)

xx

Carina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carina said...

You write so beautifully. The pictures are cute, I like to go through my grandparents albums and see what they looked like as children too. So much history you can learn.

Your halloween plans sound like a lot of fun. In Australia we dont really celebrate it which is a pity.

Thank you for following my blog.

xx Carina

miriam said...

love the first picture of your grandmother

Erica said...

Carina: That is so sad that Halloween isn't celebrated as much! I have so many fond memories of halloween as a child.

Miriam: Thank you! I didn't know this grandmother but I have many photos to see her personality. I'm told she was very feisty. :)

Kate said...

I love these snaps! The one of your grandmother is fantastic!
xx

Jan said...

What an amazing pics!
I especially love the second one,
it's so full of life and so cute!