Monday, October 11, 2010

Only The Young

Look back in silence; the cradle of your whole life. There in the distance, loosing it's greatest pride.
Nothing is easy, nothing is sacred. Why? Where did the bow break? It happened before your time. 

A few self portraits I set up with the help of my boy. I say help, but there is something in how he presses the shutter- he always captures me so well.

The opening lyrics of this Brandon Flowers song remind me of my favorite childhood lullaby.  Something I never really thought about until I listened to this song; it is somehow very soothing to think of the connection between the two.  I doubt this was his intention but its still a comforting thought. I wonder if anyone else can guess which song I'm thinking of?


7 comments:

Jeffrey said...

It's easy to take photographs of you when you're already so beautiful. Plus I'm trying to keep you ;)The song is really soothing and I like when you relax on my shoulder and fall asleep to it :)

April said...

I love that whole Brandon Flowers CD. A lot of the songs are thought provoking!

paddle to shore said...

gorgeous!

and may I add that the comment right on top is the sweetest thing I've ever read. I adore your blog!

Erica said...

Thank you! :)

Julia said...

beautiful pictures!:)

Bárbara said...

you look so beautiful!!! :)

Ailera said...

Love the first one!!