Wednesday, December 29, 2010

clementines

Early morning. A ray of sun, sweet like a clementine, crawls across the floor and into my bed. I watch the dust settle, a kaleidoscope lost in a stain glass window. Billowing white curtains brush against my shoulder taking bits of me with it, lifting higher and higher, above and above. The world may feel dead in winter but not the sun, never that sweet sun.

Life has been a little difficult for me recently. Days seem long, and never ending.  My only comfort are dreams of sweet days to come full of adventure, passion, and new places. And of course I must remind myself to live brightly even when the world is dull. To find beauty in everything and take note of its existence even if it is small. Although it may be difficult, its something we must all do for ourselves- a kind of self preservation. So lets hope for a beautiful New Year. :)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are lovely! I see you're loving your Polaroid already.

(:

ModeKarussell said...

Wow i'm really impressed by your pictures. Those colours are amazing.


Love. Mimi

Hope you'll stumble over my blog too ;)

Emma said...

Hi there!
What a lovely blog!

Love from Stockholm..

Gorgeous Clara said...

beautiful pics! and I agree, let's hope for a beautiful New Year!

gabriela said...

stunning photos again! Perfect lighting and colours... You're so talented <3
Could I ask which camera do you use?

Abigail Oliveros said...

these are great pictures. i'm sorry that you are going through a tough time, things will brighten up i promise

Brenda said...

Ah, I know the feeling. Lovely pictures :) I especially love the colors of the first shot.

c. said...

I agree. I wish you all the best in the new year.

x

6x6 life said...

These are beautiful, and I love the light in the first one !
Oh, and thank you for the kind words :)
x

Ulicam said...

Ah, I love when purple fits so good into the pictures :)

xhulja said...

these photografs are just perfrect. I love the atmosphere and I think the second one should be used in a cover album. You are so damn talented! Happy New Year

Barbara said...

such beautiful pics... 2011 is gonna be awesome :)

genevieve said...

Haunting. Your words always remind me of poetry. The days may seem long, but hopefully the heart of winter gives way to spring and life again, soon. Stay strong, and good luck in the new year!

Sina Kauri said...

This is ::: dream ::: and very nice words.

Henar said...

Those pics are so so beautiful. And great writing, loved it!
xx

www.ohmyvogue.com

Haggard Library said...

these photos are frightening in a beautiful way.
xx

http://haggardlibrary.blogspot.com/

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

your words are such harmony to these images. "live brightly", yes and more yes. i'm sorry to hear things have been difficult and i truly hope this new year has begun a change towards the dreams you find comfort in becoming realities. ♥

debra@dustjacket said...

Wishing you an enjoyment of moments in 2011.

Happy New Year...xxxx DJ

David E said...

The Thief and The Cobblers said...

these are amazing.. really inspiring
and happy new year!

thethiefandthecobblers.com

gypsy said...

Love love love it. xx

that kate said...

Thank you for your lovely comment. Happy new year!

soph // and other things said...

such beautiful images and words. wishing you all the best for 2011 :)

Christine said...

Hope you're having a lovely new year so far!