Saturday, November 20, 2010

La Soeur

A chill possessed my home over this past week and for a moment relief has come from the never ending heat. With such wonderfully dreary weather we explored part of the swamps near where my dear friend and I live. I wanted to tread the water but with a murky bottom and a large amount of poisons creatures that inhabit the area, my intuition told me better.
As a young girl, I used to explore this area bare foot and lightly clothed, I remember walking through the thick underbrush and nearly stepping on a baby cottonmouth snake. It was then (ofcourse) that I realized the value in shoes. The strange part about this experience was the length of time I let my bare toes hover above the deadly serpent just watching the thing in wonder- I think I just found death so fascinating. I couldn't have been more than eight and yet the memory is vivid.
Anyway, this is what is in my head.

15 comments:

Niki said...

I love the pictures, especially the first one.

Ripped Jeans said...

i love all your pictures! and your blog!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

These pictures are stunning, and the scenery too. I wish I was squelching through marshy ground myself..

Alex said...

These are LOVELY! :)

Hila said...

oh I hear you about the heat! such lovely, poetic pictures.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures & beautiful blog

Visit A Little Dot Jewellery!

k said...

the pics are so pretty :)

Jasmin said...

hello new follower with this wonderful blog. and the beautiful quote from one of the most amazing books i've ever read, right there. thank you!

- hope to see you around, Min.

Kate said...

Love that first snap! Super beautiful. Looks like a fun adventure.
xx

char said...

Great pictures. Love the third one.

Barbara said...

beautiful pictures, i like the first one so much

Unknown said...

I love these photos, totally dreamy and perfect.

paddle to shore said...

Erica, these pictures are just stunning, especially that first one. You also chose the perfect song. I hope you had a wonderful weekend

Juanduh said...

oh wow!
you have an amazing blog
i love it.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

simply amazing x hivennn.