Monday, November 15, 2010

And The Gusts Of Wind Seemed To Carry On Their Singing

It seems fitting that I represent my yearning for northern weather with an artificial world. A beautiful winterey scene captured behind tempered glass- frozen, in an effort to confront gazing eyes and runny noises with an interpretation of a natural habitat. I remember snapping this diorama at the Academy last year during a particularly fierce snow storm. I trekked across the bridge into the city with a tripod on my shoulder and a camera on my back. It had been cold and I fell twice due to juvenile, southern, feet not used to the slippery ice. But I was strangely fascinated and in love with the all encompassing snow- its just that beautiful- even when mimicked in an old museum.

7 comments:

michelle ma belle said...

I agree with every syllable...the snow is mesmerizing...

Anonymous said...

beautiful post, thanks a lot <3

Anonymous said...

oh thank you so much for the hint, i will check out his photographs <3

Marguerite said...

wonderful -your pictures are so special!

paddle to shore said...

SUCH an incredible picture Erica, I can picture you running with your tripod on your shoulder haha Cute!!!

Erica said...

Michelle: yes, isn't it just lovely? :)
Hilima: thank you so much dear!
Marguerite: :) your words are too kind, thank you.

Kim: Thank you! And yes its just as funny as you picture it. I've done my share of trekking around with a tripod on my shoulder and its a very funny sight. I even face planted in front of a frat house once. They found it very entertaining. ;)

Bryfling said...

I am afraid I am out of adjectives to describe how I much I am enjoying these pictures!