Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy When It Rains.



“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.”

Goosebumps travel up and down my spine. It reminds me of his hands running along my back. It is enough for me to look up from my screen-print and wonder if he’s behind me, playing a trick with an objective to bring out my smile. This pause last for only a moment, for I have school assignments that I must complete, and yet it enables me to realize that it’s not my lover, or the wind that’s slowly stirs from the open window I work next too. It is something else this feeling, and it is entirely intoxicating; my heartbeat slows with contentment and I am suddenly aware of myself in this stillness.
It’s in the night quiet that an intrinsic nature is inevitable, the smell of flowers float in the air, tenderness whispers to my ear. This is a strange inkling that tells me I might be happy. The spark is small and I feel I must protect it from the world outside. As though I am standing bare in the jar of a door, watching the storm rage around me. I’m going to kindle this flame; I know that it will grow. Why should I live in the future, when I’m realizing my present is truly beautiful?

1 comment:

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

the present is all we have.. and i like that sombrero