Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Because Everyone Else Is Boring. And Because You're Different.


The night is in my room. I am aware of its presence as it crawls around me. A wind is rustling my hair and the open pages of my books. It’s funny because as I think about this I decide I have too many of them; when I look up I realize that I actually do. I’m sitting alone on my floor surrounded by my thoughts and decisions. I could spend an eternity in my head- this has always been my fear.  I am entirely aware of what I have done, now that I sit here with wet hair that feels like discontentment, and I question if I am strong enough. I want so much to be strong enough.
Did I say the right thing? I’m so afraid that I am ruining everything. 

I told him to leave me for three days, that I loved him but I needed three days. 
Dear god, I hope I won't regret this.

2 comments:

The Rainbow Secret said...

you wont! can see my self in your thoughts so many times!

Erica said...

It is always comforting to know that others understand. Thank you.