Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today I Will Be Better, I Swear.

 
I take my break on the window seal outside the lab. Four floors up, I watch a bolt of lightning light up the night sky and for a moment I am content. It’s as if the flash of electric light is sending jolts up and down my spine, my skin prickles at the thought of it. Another long night is ahead of me; I probably will not leave the labs until the sun is reaching for the morning sky. My body aches from overexertion and I know that I am close to exhaustion.
I am anxious for things to conclude; with only a few weeks left of my undergraduate schooling I have so many fears. My thesis, a concept of photographs I have worked diligently on for over a year, is due in a few days. I can feel myself falling and I am hoping I have the strength to overcome these trying days. I’ll get there, I know I will, I just have to keep my priorities in order.
The only blessing I have is the diversion of my work, one that’s needed to sooth my broken heart.

I love the lightning storm. Its beauty lights up the city sky, a private showing, just right to calm my anxiety.
I know I can do this- I’ve come to far to fail.


"An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's."

No comments: