Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lovesong

Mariee Sioux- Lovesong (The Cure cover)
Jeff and I took a walk near his grandfather's house early one morning the other day. Tall morning dew grass stuck to sandeled feet and tiny insects crawled over legs. The summer's humidity, out so early that day, clung to skin and hair as we let our imagination find that wanderlust so often sought as a child. Summer is sweet and bitter and juicy and sticky just like a watermelon.  In your mouth it dissolves as you try to capture this strange intoxicating taste.

I am adoring summer, being with Jeff, and life. Most of all life. :)

18 comments:

Magda said...

This is beautiful, love your photos.

joana said...

that walk sounds so good! lovely photos

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post

Alexandria Daniels said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying life and love. Great post!
<3

Anonymous said...

I especially love the last photo! There's just so much put into it - anger, solitude, self fulfillment.

XX

Jane said...

I love these pictures, sounds like you're having a lovely summer.

D said...

Awesome photos!

http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/

Misha said...

Could i ask which type of camera do you use? Is it Zenit or Praktica? Im really curious about it :) love all these pics!

Fransisca Angela said...

dreamy pictures, I like!

Lubica said...

I especially love the last photo!
You are beautiful :)

Teresa said...

Beautiful photos! Keep it up.

ifbirdsfly.blogspot.com

loucieee said...

loving the amount of grain on your photos. x

Cara Edwards said...

these are stunning! looks very relaxing :)

Melwa said...

I love your photos and your blog! <3 This post i stunning.

nicole said...

really stunning photos!

TT said...

Beautiful photos, although I prefer the original cure version of that song.

World Tour Stories. A couple of lovers sailing around the world.

S. said...

wauw your blog is amazing !

Erica said...

thank you all so much! Your kind words really warm my heart and put a smile on my face. :)
Ana Jonassey: thank you Ana! With my photographs I look to explore all those kinds of feelings and introspectives. my work is an extension of my own heart- be it troubled or in love. :)

Misha: These were shot with a zenit, yes. :)

the world tour: yes, the original version is probably the best, I would have to agree. But I really enjoy covers- if for nothing more than the unique spin on a much loved song! :)