Monday, April 4, 2011

Air

"I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give." - Charlotte Bronte
Picking up Jane Eyre again after reading it as a young teenager has brought me a new respect for the novel. I have reinterpreted, and in doing so I have gained a broader understanding, and as such am even more enamored with this brooding tale. I am excited to see the film that was recently released. It seems to have been shot beautifully. If anyone has seen it please let me know if it is as intense and beautiful as it looks!
In the mean time, I have spent the weekend lying in the sun, enjoying the warm breeze and the company of family. But I also look to next week when my boy and I once again drive through the mountains to Philadelphia. Things are moving so fast- I feel my own heartbeat trying to catch up.

13 comments:

Jane said...

These pictures are gorgeous! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Jane Eyre film as well, I'm curious to see how they presented the story.

Helen said...

The sixth picture is breathtaking, wow. Are these all taken now? If yes, I'm so so jealous. Still wintry here where I live.

Veronika Anna said...

breathe. inhale-exhale-inhale-exhale-inhale-exhale.
when I look at these pictures I think of deep breathing in the woods ... just closed eyes.
....

Barbara said...

as usual your blog and pictures make me smile

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful photos! Love them!!

Joanna Paterek said...

Firstly, I must say, your photos are amazing! I can't choose my favourite, because I very like all of them!
Secondly, I love reading your posts. ;) Thanks to you, my English is making a progress.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen this movie yet, but I heard, it's quite good.

michelle ma belle said...

your pictures are usually breathtaking. the one of you laying in the wooden floor for me is the meaning of living alone and breathing.

Anonymous said...

your shoes are wonderful !

Anonymous said...

These photos are stunning, your blog is so so lovely

http://prairiemyheart.blogspot.com

Sina Kauri said...

your pictures breath

Erica said...

Jane: Thank you so much! It was a lovely weekend. :) I'm also curious. I've never particularly liked any other film adaptations I've seen of it so I have high hopes for this one.

Helen: thank you and yes they were taken now, er over the weekend! :) Weather in Mississippi is usually warm, we don't really have much of a winter and by February we have sunshine and warm days. Unfortunately, that also means summers are unbearably hot and humid. It gets so bad you don't want to do anything or even step outside. :/ I'm sorry to hear spring hasn't reached you yet! I hope it gets there soon! :)

Veronika: You have just described my weekend perfectly. A walk through the woods is always my way of releasing anxiety and relaxing. :)

Barbara: yay, mission accomplished! <3

Johanna: Thank you so much!

Joanna: you are too kind! And I'm happy to hear that I am helping you improve your English. You seem to write it very well! Keep up the good work!

Michelle: thank you, I really appreciate your compliment as it is something that I have given great thought to recently and have wanted to convey so it means a lot! :)

Pinja: Thank you! They're from target so they were cheap too!!

Victoria: Thank you! I feel the same about yours. Oh and I love your first name. Its also my little sister's name :)

Sina: your words make me want to photograph more. thank you :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my such a beautiful depiction of AIR through these amazing photographs. And the quote? Wonderful. I need to read Jane Eyre again. It's been too long.

Fransisca Angela said...

lovely set! I've been searching for a shoes like yours since forever. I repeat, the photographs are so beautiful ☺