Monday, April 18, 2011

The City

"And before you let the sun in, mind it wipes its shoes."
Patrick Wolf- The City
(1) Our find at the book festival, plays written by my favorite poet (now my favorite playwright). (2) The rain and fog ridden streets of West Philadelphia. (3) Me in a bathroom on the Indian Reservation we spent the night in. (4) Saturated used Children books left to the elements. (5) Morning fog in the mountains. (6) Me rain-soaked but happy in Philly.
Right now I am a vagabond and a wanderer on my way to London. I feel lost in the maze of the world and at the same time infinitely small, yet in awe of it all. It is the feeling one always keeps when they are in transition- left over from those childhood sensations of new places, experiences, and exploration. All exuberant, beautiful, wonderfully eloquent, and any other word to describe the indescribable.
I left my lover at the airport in Philadelphia- kissing each other like movie starlets on the curbside. It was painful after having him to myself for an entire week. But I am not sad- rather just impatient for when we'll be reunited again in London.

9 comments:

Veronika Anna said...

good luck erica!

Jane said...

I always love your pictures - this time, the fog in the mountains especially.

Good luck with the London trip!

Kelly said...

What is taking you to London? Sounds wonderful!

Marina Siero said...

amazing blog and pictures!

paddle to shore said...

have a wonderful time beautiful girl. what an exciting adventure!


kim
xox

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I always feel as though I'm walking in a dream when I browse through your photos. I like that feeling.

:)

maja said...

i hope its not too long til you reunite. (+the umbrella pic is splendid!)

E said...

i was in london once, but i was only 14. and not yet a photographer either. i sorely need to go back. what are you there for now?
i also feel your pain of leaving your boy. mine is in seattle for another 5 months on an internship. i'll be going out to visit, but likely only for a week. :/

brigduong said...

I really like the second photo, it's so simple but beautiful :-)
Have a lovely time!