Monday, August 2, 2010

The Backseat

A day in New York spent falling in love with art all over again. I adore the museums of that city and with Philadelphia so close it is beyond easy to hop on a bus and get away for the weekend.

MOMA has a wonderful exhibition of photography: Pictures Of Women: A History Of Modern Photography and I was please to find all of my favorite photographers among the collection. With works by Nan Goldin, Carrie Mae Weems, Lee Miller, and Elinor Carucci- the works are thoughtfully placed and  beautiful display the evolution of women photographers. It was a dream!

My summer has by far been filled with work. Days spent at a coffee shop are draining and morose- a summer without travel just doesn't feel like a summer to me. But my boy and I have been thrifty and September is sure to be wonderful and full of many exciting new places. I'm am beyond excited!
I need this time, my fears have been never ending and I am ready to let it go and finally enjoy the pleasant company I'll have. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all the while catching up with what I've missed on your blog I've been thinking "must check she 's already found Carucci's work" but of course you have :)

I've never seen her prints first hand. Does she print them up large or small? (I remember being dead surprised to find Francesca Woodman's prints are tiny - it felt like peeking through key holes :))