Sunday, March 28, 2010

We're hiding like elephants when they're happy.

 
Peony flower / timelapse from munich timelapse on Vimeo.

"We're hiding like elephants when they're happy."  - Patricia, Breathless.

Spring time brings back many memories for me. Not only from my childhood but also because this is when I met my boy.
I often think of nights, I spent with him, walking along the city streets, holding each other tight to keep out the chill.  Of silent moonlight kisses on my doorstep as I whisper, "don't you dare break my heart." These moments of heartbreak and realization of love,  I do not think I will ever be able to express the depth my heart goes when I think of him.
I often remember the above quote when I look back on last year's spring. How bittersweet and fragile those moments felt, and although there were painful moments, the good has outweighed the bad.

Our one year anniversary is coming up this week and I couldn't be happier. I don't yet know how we will be celebrating it but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.
I hope everyone's spring is as bright as mine. :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations on love and your anniversary! And Spring, too!
Blessings,
Crystal

Oh-I'm doing a Giveaway on my blog of a book of inspiring women, check it out! Followers get two entries :)

Erica said...

Thank you so much Crystal!
I'll be sure to visit your blog. :)