Sunday, March 22, 2009

moving on...



Well, another change has come to my life....
For the past six months I have been living in New York City for my Internship. It's been a wonderful and exciting experience but now it's over and school starts back up in a week in Philadelphia. I'm not going to feel too nostalgic about my apartment in Brooklyn because it was crowded, and expensive. But I'll miss my roommate's cat, and of course, I'll miss the city.

The last week has been a little crazy, though... ha ha. With having to pack comes procrastination and with that you suddenly realize that you haven't seen everything you wanted too, before you leave. We went to the Museum of Natural History, several smaller museums, the Moth, several Art Shows, and ate like crazy at amazing restaurants. It became a little obsessive. ha ha! :D




I'm going to miss New York but I'm excited to move into my friends apartment in Philly. It's near campus, it's old, and I actually have a real bed!!!! I was sleeping on an air mattress in New York. I even did a photo shoot in the apartment last year...



I can't wait to start some of my project's for class. I've had six months to come up with some cool ideas and I'm about to go crazy if I don't get a Hasselblad in my hand. I'm even starting my projects early, during spring break. I'm not going to say what the projects are, because I'm extremely superstitious, but oh, I'm excited!

I hate moving out, but there's something wonderful about moving into a new apartment... its like breathing fresh air.

4 comments:

E.K. said...

My wife are heading out of the city (Denver) also this month. I'm excited for some change. Great post!

erika said...

your name is erica? my name is erika! :D
you watch me on da and i saw this link so i thought id swing by :)

Erica said...

Yay! Erica and Erika are awesome names! lol ;D

I'll have to go check out your blog too :)

Erica said...

^ Thanks E.K.!

I love change! Its always a little difficult but totally worth it in the end! ^_^