Monday, March 9, 2009

metropolitan museum art



I've lived in New York for a while now and I still haven't done all that I've wanted to do. Now, that I'm moving away in a few weeks, I'm rushing to do them all!
I'm a determined girl on a mission!
So last weekend I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with a few of my friends. I've been before and every time in the past I would watch the artists that hang out in the sculpture room sketching, secretly wishing I could do the same! So that's what we did! Oh, it was amazing! We went in the evening, since the Museum is opened till 9, and sat in the sculpture gallery with the dramatic night lighting and sketched till the Museum closed. I had the best time! Above are the results of that night!

I miss doing art. I've been feeling very unimaginative lately. I cant wait to start my classes next term because I finally get to take Painting, again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome sketches!

Erica said...

wah! Thank you very much Cassey!